This is a great salad that will add a burst of flavour to a fish dish this Easter, quick meal for the dinner table or weekend BBQ’s. I made this by the recommendation of a friend and she got it spot on, was delicious, gotta love those types of recommended recipes.
Roasted Cherry Tomato and Green Bean Salad
- 450 g Green Beans, stem ends trimmed
- 600 g Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup Basil, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 200 g Cherry or Grape Tomatoes, halved, extra
- 2 tsp Lemon, zest
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp spring onion, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Add cherry tomatoes, basil and oil to a bowl, mix to coat in oil.
- Pour onto a lined baking tray. Roast, uncovered, in preheated oven for 30-45 minutes or until tomatoes are shrivelled around sides but centres are soft.
- Meanwhile, add beans to a saucepan of boiling water and boil for 2 1/2 minutes or until tender crisp. Refresh beans under cold running water and drain well.
- Toss beans with roasted tomatoes and extra tomatoes, place into serving bowl.
- Drizzle over the dressing and sprinkle with spring onion.
- Mix in a small bowl lemon zest, vinegar and oil
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
click on image to open