This Tomato, Onion and Cucumber salad is very easy to assemble and have ready before your guests arrive or a great dish to take when asked to ‘bring a salad’. You could also add in some fetta for an extra flavour hit. This would make a great Christmas Day salad too, lovely colours of green and red!
Peel parts of the cucumber with a potato peeler to make these stripes, then slice and add to salad bowl.
Add tomato wedges (whole tomato sliced into 6 wedges) and sliced red onion into salad bowl
Prepare salad dressing in a jug then pour over salad and serve. However, if you are not serving immediately store dressing in a small jar.
Pour dressing over salad prior to serving.
Tomato, Onion and Cucumber Salad
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cucumbers
- 4 tomatoes, cut into 6 wedges
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Peel parts of the cucumber with a potato peeler to make stripes, then slice and add to salad bowl.
- Add tomato wedges and onion slices to bowl
- In a jug whisk together the vinegar, oil, honey, salt and pepper
- Pour dressing over salad and serve
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
click on image to view recipe