These cinnamon scrolls are absolutely delicious. I have made them countless times now and everybody gets excited when they smell them cooking in the oven. These are my typical rainy day morning tea, served with a hot cuppa or hot chocolate, you can’t go wrong! My kids said they tasted the same as donuts and the glaze over the top makes them so delightful.
MY TIP: If you love these scrolls, check out my Lunch Box Recipe Cookbook – I think you’ll love the 50+ recipes in there too!
These are very easy to make and not time-consuming at all as the dough doesn’t include yeast so you don’t have to wait for it to prove. Roll the dough into a 20cm x 30cm rectangle.
Brush dough with melted butter.
Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
Roll from longest side into a log. I use a lettuce knife I found years ago at Myer to slice my dough. This knife is plastic, slices well through the dough, not squishing it and it won’t cut my silicon mat I use on my bench.
Place each slice into a lined baking dish, flatten slightly and bake.
Drizzle over the icing, these are best served warm.
Recommended Tools to Make The Most Delicious Cinnamon Scrolls
The Most Delicious Cinnamon Scrolls
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cups thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- Add the cream and stir until just combined.
- Lightly flour bench space.
- Knead dough on floured surface until smooth (approx 30 seconds).
- Roll the dough into a 20cm x 30cm rectangle.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon
intoa small bowl.
- Brush dough with melted butter.
- Sprinkle the sugar mixture evenly over dough.
- Roll from longest side to form a scroll.
- Cut into 8 equal slices.
- Place each slice into a baking dish, flatten slightly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Place on wire rack while you are making the icing.
- In a small bowl whisk the icing sugar and milk.
- Pour the icing over the scrolls.
- Serve warm.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Most Delicious Cinnamon Scrolls recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with the latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Pin this image below to Pinterest!
April 14, 2020
January 14, 2020
January 22, 2018
June 13, 2016