A delicious, quick, and easy Mexican Layer Dip recipe that includes sour cream, avocado and tasty cheese – a fun recipe to make with the kids!
I love how easy this Mexican Layer Dip is to make! It can literally be whipped up in 10 minutes, making it a great affordable dish to enjoy with the family or to bring along to BBQ’s (once we’re allowed out and about again!). It’s a definite crowd-pleaser!
This delicious masterpiece only requires a few ingredients, and is so simple to throw together that even the kids can make it.
Refried beans are not usually my favourite thing, but mixed with some Mexican seasoning it makes a great base for this Mexican Layer Dip.
This is a 5 layer Mexican Dip, however you could easily add a few additional layers of lettuce, capsicum, olives or spring onions if you wanted to make it healthier or stretch it further.
I make this dip in a square casserole dish, but any nice shallow dish would be perfect for this recipe.
Mexican Layer Dip
- 2 packets of corn chips
- 450g can refried beans
- 35g packet taco season mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or enough to cover one layer)
- 1 ripe avocado, mashed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup ready made salsa
- 1/2-3/4 cup grated tasty cheese
- In a small bow, mix together the refried beans and taco seasoning.
- Spoon bean mixture into the base of a shallow square casserole dish, spread to form bottom layer.
- Spread sour cream evenly over bottom layer.
- In a small bowl mix together avocado and lemon juice, stir in tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Carefully spoon avocado mixture over sour cream.
- Evenly pour the salsa to form next layer.
- Finally sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve with corn chips.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Mexican Layer Dip recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK ,INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.