How to organise the cupboard under the kitchen sink, and make it clutter free. Organise the under the sink space efficiently as possible, so you can easily access the things you need to use.
From a recent survey I learnt that the kitchen, and in particular under the kitchen sink, is one of the cupboards that many of my readers have trouble keeping tidy. I keep my under the kitchen sink cupboard fairly minimal for a few reason:
- It’s easier to keep clean
- It’s easier to find what I need
- There is less clutter as I’m using less commercial cleaners.
I thought it would be good to share a post on ‘How to organise under the kitchen sink cupboard’ so you can see how I sort out mine and you can have another clutter-free space in the house!
You want to make this cupboard organised enough that everything has a place to avoid it from becoming a mess. You only want to have supplies in there that you use regularly to avoid it becoming too cluttered.
- Remove everything from the cupboard, grouping similar items together
- Access what was under the sink
- Purge anything you no longer need
LABELS – Labels are the best for organising clutter-prone areas like under the kitchen sink. Any space that so much can easily become a dumping zone and untidy. The key to keeping it organised is to make sure everything has a place and label everything! This lets all household members know where everything goes, and avoids things being put back in the wrong spot. Labels are available in my shop here.DRAWERS – these drawers are from my shop here. In the top drawer I keep my tea towels. Previously, I stored them on the other side of the kitchen. I’ve moved my stash to directly under the sink so we don’t drip water onto the floor. In the lower drawers I have dishwasher tablets and spare sponges.
SINK TIDY – pictured below – Keep your kitchen sink organised and clutter-free with this space-saving sink tidy that helps gives you more space under your sink (or keep on top of the sink tidy) and helps to air your sponges and brushes with fewer germs. When washing up, the Sink Tidy will keep sponges and washing up liquid together in one convenient place. Sink tidy is available in my shop here.
This tension rod holds my cleaning spray bottles, it helps to keep the cupboard clutter free. I’m such a fan of using tension rods to reduce clutter, that I now stock them in shop, you can purchase them here.
READ MORE: My DIY Homemade Cleaning Recipes
I’ve placed 3M hooks on the cupboard door to hold our gloves. I have 2 pairs one for my small hands and one for my hubby (our water is sooo hot here which is good and bad, we need gloves so we don’t burn our fingers).
I have recently changed from my glass jar of reusable wipes to this plastic container, only because I wanted more wipes on hand as I found I was using up the 6 wipes that would fit in the old jar far too quickly.
READ MORE: Reusable Homemade Antibacterial Wipes
Items I use in my under the sink cupboard
- Sink Tidy Caddy – Shop at Organised HQ here
- Labels – The Organised Housewife Shop
- Spray Bottles – The Organised Housewife Shop
- Microfibre clothes – Shop at Organised HQ here
- Container for wipes – Decor from Spotlight $14.99
- Stackable Drawers – Shop Clear Storage at Organised HQ here
- Tension rod – The Organised Housewife Shop
- Long white Slide ‘n’ Stack plastic basket – $16.95 from Howards Storage World
- Smaller white plastic basket -$2 from local dollar store
- 3M hooks – Coles or Bunnings
More kitchen organising posts
Here are a few posts I have shared previously about the kitchen:
- 9 Easy Steps to maintain a clean kitchen
- How to clean the kettle
- How to clean the microwave
- The beginners guide to essential oils
- How to organise kitchen cabinets
PURCHASE: Stay on top of your cleaning with my Cleaning Checklist
Do you have troubles keeping your under kitchen sink cupboard organised?