Needing a “super fast, haven’t got much time” dinner idea? Look no further. This meal will take you less than 20 minutes to prepare. It’s a matter of cooking the spaghetti, browning up some bacon and mixing together the creamy avocado sauce.
This avocado sauce can be made ahead of time (same day as serving), cover it and keep in the fridge until ready to use.
I usually serve this up with a side of garlic bread just to help fill up my growing family.
Creamy Avocado Spaghetti with Bacon
- 400g spaghetti
- 4 shortcut bacon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/3 cup plain greek yoghurt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper, to taste
- grated parmesan
- Cook spaghetti following packet directions. Once cook drain and place back into
- Heat oil in small fry pan on high. Add bacon and cook until crispy, set aside.
- In a large bowl or food processor, mash the avocados.
- Add in lime juice, yoghurt, garlic, chicken stock, salt and pepper and mix until smooth and creamy. Pour over spaghetti and toss until coated.
- Spoon into serving dishes, top with bacon and sprinkles of parmesan.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
MORE OF MY EASY MEAL IDEAS YOU MAY ENJOY
EASY WEEKNIGHT DINNER – CHICKEN STIR FRY 3 WAYS – Struggling for weeknight dinner ideas? In our busy household I like our weeknight dinners to be quick and easy. Stir-fries can be made in 15 minutes or less, are super easy and taste good. It’s also a great dish to use up any vegetables you have in the fridge that are about to spoil.
CHORIZO PASTA – A very easy and light chorizo pasta recipe to whip up when you’re in a hurry. This is a really great one pan dish.
CHICKEN AND BASIL FETTUCCINE – I love super easy dinner ideas and this Chicken and Basil Fettuccine is just that. Easily made within the amount of time it takes to cook the pasta, plus an extra 3 minutes!