A Cherry Ripe is my absolute favourite chocolate, I am just like the commercial when I eat it, close my eyes and am lost in the moment…. noms!!!! So you can just imagine my delight when I eat a Cherry Ripe Muffin, these are so good and they freeze really well too.
You could add any chocolate bar to this recipe in place of the cherry ripe and cherries. Try, mars bar with some choc chips, or even some peppermint crisp.
Cherry Ripe Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups self raising flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 90g butter, melted
- 4 55g Cherry Ripe chocolates, chopped
- 100g red glace cherries, halved
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 12 hole muffin pan with cases.
- Place flour and sugar into a large bowl, create a well.
- Mix together the butter, egg and milk in a jug, pour into bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the cherry ripes and cherry’s, stir through.
- Spoon mixture into each patty case in muffin pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden.
- Rest in pan for 5 minutes then cool on wire rack.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
click on image to view recipe
7 THINGS I DO EACH DAY TO KEEP THE HOME CLEAN AND ORGANISED
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to receive blog updates in our inbox + this FREE eBook sharing some of my top tips that you can adapt in your own home.