A quick and easy freezer-friendly muffin recipe you can whip up for the kid’s lunch boxes, after-school snack or weekend sporting event.
Who doesn’t love chocolate – and my family is no exception! We all love it in my household, that’s why this Chocolate Banana Muffin recipe is so well received by all my family members! I often make these and pop them in the freezer for an easy-to-grab school (or work – lol!) snack that helps to make school mornings simpler and a little less chaotic. These Chocolate Banana Muffins are also a great way to use up any overripe bananas!
I made these for the kid’s weekend sports, took what we needed and froze the rest for lunch boxes to grab through the week. I grabbed one out of the freezer for myself, left it on the bench for a little while and it thawed rather quickly… it tasted as fresh as the day I made them… so good!
I have shared a recipe previously for Chocolate Banana Muffins, but on this occasion I couldn’t use the recipe as I didn’t have any butter. I loved this version as it was moist and so banana-ry!!
Chocolate Banana Muffins
- 3 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C, fan forced.
- Lightly grease a 12-hole muffin tray or line with paper patty cases.
- In a large bowl, add bananas, oil and egg. Mix to combine.
- Add in sugar, flour, cocoa and chocolate chips. Mix to combine.
- Spoon mixture evenly into muffin cases.
- Bake muffins in oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Rest in tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Chocolate and Banana Muffin recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with the latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.