Here is a quick and easy muffin recipe you can whip up for the kid’s lunch boxes, after-school snack or weekend sporting event. Plus these Chocolate Banana Muffins are a great way to use up overripe bananas!
Who doesn’t love chocolate, and my family is no exception! we all love it in my household, that’s why this chocolate banana muffin recipe is such a yummy treat for everyone. Make them for school snacks to make your life simpler when it comes to school lunch box ideas.
I made these for the kid’s weekend sports, took what we needed and froze the rest for lunch boxes to grab through the week. I grabbed one out of the freezer for myself, left it on the bench for a little while and it thawed rather quickly… it tasted as fresh as the day I made them… so good!
I have shared a recipe previously for Chocolate Banana Muffins, but on this occasion I couldn’t use the recipe as I didn’t have any butter. I loved this version, was moist and so bananery!!
Chocolate Banana Muffins
- 3 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C, fan forced.
- Lightly grease a 12-hole muffin tray or line with paper patty cases.
- In a large bowl, add bananas, oil and egg, mix
- to combine.
- Add in sugar, flour, cocoa and chocolate chips, mix
- to combine.
- Spoon mixture evenly into muffin cases.
- Bake muffins in oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Rest in tray for 5 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE MUFFIN RECIPE?
Here are some more Chocolate recipes – click on image to view recipe