Here is a quick and easy muffin recipe you can whip up for the kids lunch boxes, after school snack or weekend sporting event. Plus a great way to use up overripe bananas!
I made these or the kids weekend sports, took what we needed and froze the rest for lunch boxes for through the week, I grabbed one out of the freezer for myself, left on the bench for a little, thawed rather quickly… it tasted as fresh as the day I made them… so good!
I have shared a recipe previously for Chocolate Banana Muffins, but on this occasion I couldn’t use the recipe as I didn’t have any butter. I loved this version, was moist and so banana-ry!!
Chocolate Banana Muffins
- 3 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Grease 12 hole muffin tin, or line with cases
- In a large bowl combine bananas, oil and egg, mix.
- Add in sugar, flour, cocoa and choc chips, then gently stir until combined.
- Spoon batter evenly into muffin tin.
- Bake in oven or 20-25 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
Here are some more Chocolate recipes – click on image to view recipe