If you want a deliciously sweet muffin recipe to make, my banana & honey muffins are one of the best. The honey provides you with a real sweet treat, perfect for your kid’s lunch boxes. The muffins are also freezer friendly, so you can stock up for the week.
I always buy bananas in our weekly grocery shop, and while some weeks they are eaten up quickly, others they aren’t. Usually, I leave them as long as possible in the fruit bowl and then I freeze them for future baking.
I got up early recently and popped a few bananas in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes to defrost and then made this recipe, all baked within 20 minutes.
I spooned 6 patty cases with the mixture and then added some walnuts to the remainder of the mix. I did it this way as the kids can’t have nuts at school, so I have a few school lunchboxes and the others for home.
Banana Honey Muffins
- 3 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC, fan forced.
- Lightly grease a 12-hole muffin tray or line with paper patty cases.
- In an electric mixer, add bananas, honey, oil, egg and vanilla, mix to combine.
- Sift flour over top of banana mixture.
- Optional – add walnuts and mix until combined.
- Spoon mixture evenly into muffin cases.
- Bake muffins in oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Rest in tray for 5 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE MUFFIN RECIPE?
click on images below to view recipes