Books piled up high in the corner, kids artwork filling up drawers, linen cupboard door hard to close, skincare that is a few years old, toys galore on the living room floor or more shoes than you really need… does this sound familiar? We all take pride in our home, but at times it can all get too much. Perhaps you have a baby and are struggling to create a new routine, you’re working full time, you’re wanting to spend time with family rather than cleaning, you’re not feeling yourself, lacking energy, you’re a hoarder… or maybe you are just overwhelmed with everyday life.
The clutter around us can have a negative impact on our ability to focus. Perhaps you could be keeping things just for the sake of keeping them. However, by clearing the clutter from your home, it can help you feel clearer, mentally as well.
1st step to decluttering is creating goals for yourself. This will help you work out where you want to start, what you want to achieve. But I know that it’s hard to do this by yourself. I’m here to help you.
I am bringing back my famous Declutter 52 Things in 52 Weeks Challenge. Each week I will give you 1 thing the declutter. This thing may be the area under the kitchen sink, magazines you may have been collecting, or kids artwork you’re having trouble parting with. Let’s just say you may have a huge pile of kids artwork, your weekly 1 thing task would be to go through the entire pile and declutter as much as you can. So you may be able to purge 20 pieces of artwork, it’s not limited to 1!
The Declutter 52 things in 52 Week Challenge is completely FREE!! I will publish a new task on the blog each Wednesday. Task 1 starts the first week of 2019, Wednesday 2nd January. Register below!
Register for the 52 week declutter challenge, decluttering 1 thing or group of things from your home each week. I’ll send you a link to your inbox each week sending you to the latest task. Plus you’ll also receive a copy of this print “Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful – William Morris”, and a bonus ‘Create your organising goals’ printable too!!
Declutter 52 things in 52 Week Challenge Rules
- Register that you will be joining the challenge by entering your details above + you’ll also receive a FREE PRINT!!
- De-clutter = purge = throw away, give to charity/friend, find a better purpose for. But do not keep if you don’t believe it to be useful to you in the next 12 months.
- 1 thing = groups of the ‘thing’ ie. 1 thing is to declutter linen cupboard = this could be 5 towels + 2 sheet sets + 3 blankets
- Please share, it also inspires others!! Share a photo of your space each week on instagram using #declutter52 and tag @theorganisedhousewife
- Comment below, let me know you’re joining along!!