A deliciously creamy pasta bake that that kids will enjoy. If you are in a hurry you could shred the meat off a BBQ chook.
To stretch the pasta bake further you could use more pasta or add in some extra vegetables, carrot, broccoli, capsicum.
Creamy Chicken Pasta Bake
- 250g dried pasta
- 1 tlb oil
- 500g chicken breast, chopped
- 1 leek
- 4 rashers bacon
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 300ml sour cream
- 2/3 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 tlb chives, chopped
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Cook pasta.
- Heat oil in pan and brown chicken. Transfer to bowl.
- Add leek, bacon and garlic to pan. Cook stirring for 3-4 min until leek has softened.
- Return chicken to pan. Stir in stock, simmer gently for 5 min or until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in cream, corn and chives. Add chicken mixture to pasta. Toss.
- Spoon into dish, sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 30min or until golden.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
7 THINGS I DO EACH DAY TO KEEP THE HOME CLEAN AND ORGANISED
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to receive blog updates in our inbox + this FREE eBook sharing some of my top tips that you can adapt in your own home.