My kids love this delicious Creamy Chicken Pasta Bake, it’s my youngest favourite!
I always add just a little bit more pasta to help spread it a little further as my kids eat so much these days.
This doesn’t take too long to prepare, you just need to brown the chicken first, then your leek, garlic and bacon together, then bring all the ingredients together. If you are in a hurry you could shred the meat off a BBQ chook.
You could add additional ingredients if you like. Add some carrot, broccoli or cauliflower. Then sprinkle with cheese and bake in the oven till browned.
Creamy Chicken Pasta Bake
- 2 cups spiral pasta
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 500g chicken breast, diced
- 1 leek, washed and sliced
- 4 short-cut bacon rashers, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 300ml sour cream
- 2/3 cup frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 180°C, fan forced.
- Cook pasta following packet directions, drain and return to saucepan.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Brown chicken. Transfer to bowl.
- Add leek, bacon and garlic to pan. Cook and stir for 3 minutes, or until leek has softened.
- Return chicken to pan. Stir in stock, simmer gently for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in sour cream, corn and chives.
- Add chicken mixture to pasta. Stir to combine.
- Spoon pasta mixture into a 3L capacity baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake pasta bake in oven for 20-30 minutes or until golden. Serve.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife