These Banana Weetbix muffins aren’t only a fabulous recipe to use up bananas, they’re also a great way to use up the crumbs at the bottom of your weet bix box. A bonus is this recipe has very little sugar so it’s a great snack to add to the kids lunchboxes. It’s super easy to make, no need for an electric mixer, just use a bowl and a spoon!!
I have been making these Banana Weetbix muffins for my kids since they were in kindy, whenever I tell them I’m going to do a big bake up they usually always request I make up a batch of these.
As I do with most of the muffins and cookies I bake, I make up a batch of these and place them in the freezer to have available for the kids lunchboxes.
Banana Weet-bix Muffins
- 3 ripe bananas
- 4 Weet-Bix
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 80g margarine
- 1 1/2 cups SR Flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C, fan forced.
- Grease or line a 12 hole muffin tin with cases.
- In a medium bowl, mash banana, crush in weet-bix and add milk. Stir and set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl beat eggs and margarine.
- Spoon in banana mixture and fold.
- Add flour, sugar and chocolate chips to banana mixture, stir until just combined.
- Spoon mixture evenly into muffin cases.
- Bake in oven 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Rest in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer muffins onto a wire rack to cool completely.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife