Muffins are usually loved by everyone, and these Banana Weet-Bix muffins aren’t just a fabulous recipe to use up bananas with, they’re also a great way to use up the crumbs at the bottom of your weet bix box, so you will never throw the crumbs out again!
I have been making these Banana Weet-Bix muffins for my kids since they were in kindy, and whenever I tell them I’m going to do a big bake up, they usually always request I make up a batch of these. They are quick and easy and make a wonderful lunch box addition in their school lunches.
Don’t forget to lightly grease your muffin tray, to avoid the mixture from sticking when baking. You can also us a silicone muffin tray.
A bonus to this recipe is that it has very little sugar, so it’s a great snack to add to your kid’s school lunches. It’s super easy to make, and there’s no need for an electric mixer, just use a bowl and a spoon!!
Banana Weet-bix Muffins
- 3 ripe bananas
- 4 Weet-Bix
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 80g margarine
- 1 1/2 cups SR Flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C, fan forced.
- Lightly grease a 12-hole muffin tray or line with paper patty cases.
- In a medium bowl, add bananas, Weet-Bix and milk, mix to combine. Set aside for 10 minutes to soften.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and margarine.
- Spoon in banana mixture and fold.
- Add flour, sugar and chocolate chips to banana mixture, mix to combine.
- Spoon mixture evenly into muffin cases.
- Bake muffins in
ovenfor 20-25 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Rest in
trayfor 5 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
As I do with most of the muffins and cookies I bake, I make up a batch of these and place them in the freezer to have available for lunchboxes, not just for the kids, but for the whole family.
TIP: For a fruity alternative, swap chocolate chips with sultanas.
WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE MUFFIN RECIPE?