These Cheese and Bacon Mini Quiches are perfect to make for parties, when you have friends over for morning tea or lunch or cold in the kids lunch boxes. They are really easy to make and fuss free.
Cut circles of puff pastry, use a cutter that is 1cm bigger than mini muffin pan hole (as pictured below, the cutter I used was too small). Fry bacon and onion, sprinkle onto pastry along with cheese, then pour over egg mixture.
Many other variations can be used:
- spinach and fetta,
- roast pumpkin and pinenuts,
- ham and pineapple
Cheese & Bacon Mini Quiches
- 4 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 4 rashers bacon
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Spray a 24 hole mini muffin tin with cooking spray
- Place oil in small frying pan over medium heat
- Cook bacon and onion until bacon has browned, allow to cool
- Using a 2 5/8″ circle shaped cutter cut out 24 rounds of pastry
- Place pastry in each muffin hole
- Place a small spoonful of bacon and onion mixture into each hole
- Sprinkle with pinch of cheese
- Whisk milk and eggs together in a jug
- Pour egg mixture into pastry cases just below the top (allowing room for egg mixture to rise)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until browned on top
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
you may also like these recipes:
2 INGREDIENT LUNCHBOX SCROLLS – Only 2 ingredients needed to make these super easy scrolls. Quickly make the kids some scrolls for thier school lunchbox flavoured in so many different ways.
HOMEMADE BEEF & VEGETABLE SAUSAGE ROLLS – Friday night dinners in our home typically mean something fun like Pizza, Mexican, Pasta. However it’s usually no side servings of vegetables, these sausage rolls are great for sneaking in the good stuff.
SUPER EASY PIZZA SCROLLS – These super easy pizza scrolls are just that. They make for a great lazy weekend lunch, plate to share or lunch idea for the kids school lunch box.