Now that you have purchased all your christmas card supplies, it’s time to start writing out the cards. Take your time, perhaps start with a handful each day until you are finished.
- Christmas Cards
- Christmas card list
- Return address labels
- Address Book
- It’s hard to decide what to write in cards. While it maybe tempting to just write ‘Merry Christmas’, take the time to to write a personal message (see below)
- For cards to friends and family keep it personal there is no need to sign your last name.
- Remember you are not writing a letter, it’s more like a note.
- Include a photo of the family, newest baby, pet, latest holiday or your house in the card for close family. I’m sure they will appreciate something extra.
- Don’t forget to put your return details on the back. This is handy if mail has be to returned, and so the recipient has your address if they need.
- Whilst it maybe easier to type out addresses and print on a label, I love the old fashioned handwritten envelopes. Christmas is a rustic tradition, no need to put a modern spin on it!!
- Decorate the envelope using 1 christmas sticker or place a sticker on the back to seal the envelope.
- Don’t add the glittery sprinkles to your envelopes, while you may think they are cute, I ensure your friends maynot after they have sprinkled over the floor creating a mess.
- Remember to write ‘card only’ on the envelope to receive your postage holiday discount
- I like to post my Christmas cards towards the end of the first week in December.
Here are some possible messages you could use in your cards. Remember you can replace ‘Merry Christmas’ with ‘Happy Holidays’ and ‘you’ with ‘you and your family’.
May the Christmas season
fill your home with joy,
your heart with love
and your life with laughter.
Merry Christmas and Best Wishes
for a Happy New Year
May this Christmas end the present year on a cheerful note
and make way for a fresh and bright New Year.
Here’s wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
With much love at Christmas time, and always.
May love be in your life, May hope be in your heart, May peace be in our world.
May your Christmas sparkle with moments of love, laughter and goodwill,
And may the year ahead be full of contentment and joy.
Have a Merry Christmas.
A wish for peace and happiness
at Christmas and throughout the New Year.
May the miracle of Christmas fill your heart with warmth and love.
May the peace and blessings
of Christmas be yours;
And may the coming year
be filled with happiness.
The gift of love.
The gift of peace.
The gift of happiness.
May all these be yours at Christmas.