This is a great pantry recipe, most ingredients would be found in the fridge and pantry, macaroni, tinned salmon, mustard, milk, cheese etc. It is a great meal that can be made ahead of time if needed.
This isn’t an overly saucy dish and has a delicious golden crunchy top.
- 250g small pasta
- 60g butter
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 415g can salmon, drained, bones removed, flaked
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grain mustard
- juice ½ lemon
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1/2 – 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Cook pasta following packet directions
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan
- Stir in flour, cook, stirring, for 1 minute, remove from heat
- Slowly stir in milk, return to heat
- Cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens
- Stir in egg, simmer for 3 minutes
- Mix in salmon, onions, mustard, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste
- Simmer for a further minute
- Pour salmon mixture into saucepan of pasta, mix to combine
- Spoon mixture into casserole dish
- Sprinkle with combined cheese and breadcrumbs
- Bake in a moderate oven for 25 – 30 minutes or until heated through and golden
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
Find my Chicken, roast pumpkin and spinach pasta bake recipe here.
Find my Sausage and vegetable bake recipe here.