After a super quick muffin recipe that requires little effort and clean up? These Jam and Nut Muffins are deliciously dense, complimented by the crunch of the nuts and a sweet jam filling. These are so easy to make that you don’t even need to use an electric mixer, you can make these simply with a bowl and spoon.
I have added nuts to this recipe, however you can eliminate them if you’re making them for your child’s lunchbox if you have a nut free school policy. These are perfect for work lunches or to treat your guests with an accompanying cup of coffee!
I like to use muffin cases with this Jam and Nut muffin recipe, as the jam can ooze out the side and cleaning up hot baked on jam can be a horrid task. If you do find it does get onto your muffin tin, soak the tin in hot soapy water to make it easier to clean off.
Jam and Nut Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups self raising flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 90g butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (your choice)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup jam
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line a 12-hole muffin tin with muffin patty cases.
- In a large bowl or electric mixer add flour and caster sugar, create well.
- Stir in butter, egg, cream, milk and nuts.
- Spoon mixture into patty cases, half filling each hole.
- Create small wells in each.
- Spoon a teaspoon of jam into the center of mixture.
- Top to remaining mixture encasing the jam.
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes or until golden.
- Stand in pan for 5 minutes, then put onto a wire rack to cool.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
50+ FREEZER FRIENDLY LUNCHBOX RECIPES – Create more time for you and your family by preparing all of the food that goes into your kid’s lunch boxes with my lunch box recipes eBook. It can be hard trying to find a balance between managing your time while also making sure your children are equipped with healthy and nutritious food. You’ll be amazed at how much time and money you save by making these recipes in bulk and freezing them for later. Imagine eliminating packaged foods altogether! It’s better for you, your family, your children’s health and the environment. Available as an instant download from my shop here.