Sometimes there are moments in the evening that we don’t want to cook something extravagant for dinner because we don’t have the time or energy. This Crustless quiche is super easy to make and takes little effort!!
Simply brown some bacon and spring onions in a frying pan.
I use an electric mixer to mix together eggs, cream and butter. This scone mix is the key to making this quiche ‘crustless’ and keep its shape.
I then add the scone mix, cheese bacon and onion to the mixture and combine.
Then pour the quiche batter into a large pie dish and cook in oven until golden and set. Serve with salad!
- 4 shortcut bacon pieces, sliced
- 4 spring onion, sliced
- 4 eggs
- 400ml cream
- 50g melted butter
- 1/2 cup scone mix
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- In a small frypan, add bacon and onion, cook until bacon has browned.
- In an electric mixer add eggs, cream and butter, mix well.
- Add scone mix and cheese along with bacon and onion mixture.
- Mix to combined.
- Pour into a pie dish.
- Cook for 40 minutes until center has set.
- Allow to cool for 10 min before serving.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife