If you want to try a unique muffin recipe, this is it. This Banana and Yoghurt Muffin recipe is a great way to get more dairy into your kids, and it’s yummy too!
You might think that yoghurt wouldn’t work in a muffin, but it really does. The yoghurt gives the muffins a nice tangy taste and they end up very creamy. What can I say? They’re delicious!
I recommend baking a few batches and freezing them for your kid’s lunch boxes. Believe me, it’s a great help having frozen muffins on hand ready to go.
Banana Yoghurt muffins
- 3 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C, fan forced.
- Lightly grease a 12-hole muffin tray or line with paper patty cases.
- In a large bowl, add banana, yoghurt, egg, oil and vanilla. Mix to combine.
- Sift flour over top, add sugar and mix to combine.
- Spoon mixture evenly into muffin cases.
- Bake muffins in oven for 18-20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Rest in tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
Don’t forget to order my Lunch Box Recipe Cookbook for more fabulous kids’ school lunch recipes.