If you want to try a unique muffin recipe, this is it. This Banana and Yoghurt Muffin recipe is a great way to get more dairy into your kids, and it’s yummy too!!
You would think that yoghurt as an ingredient wouldn’t work in a muffin, but it really does. The yoghurt gives the muffins a nice tangy taste and ends up very creamy from it. What can I say!! It’s delicious.
Bake a few batches and freeze them for your kid’s lunch boxes. Believe me, it’s a great help having frozen muffins on hand ready to go!!
Banana Yoghurt muffins
- 1 3/4 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 180°C, fan forced.
- Sift flour into bowl, add sugar, stir to combine.
- Add, yoghurt, egg, oil, vanilla and bananas, stir through.
- Spoon mixture evenly into muffin cases.
- Bake in oven for 18-20 minutes or until golden.
- Rest in pan for 5 minutes, turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife