Ooh we so love Mexican in this household. The girls and I like most dishes as I make them, but the boys (so macho) like to add in extra dashes of chilli sauce or jalapenos. We often have chicken rolls for lunch on the weekends, but this took the traditional chicken and mayo roll to a whole new level. If you love mexican you must try this!
Firstly I combined a diced tomato, capsicum, spring onions and cheese
Then added poached chicken (or BBQ chook), mayonaise and taco seasoning
Serve on bread rolls… tiger bread rolls on this day, for a special treat!
Mexican Chicken Salad Sandwich Filling
- 1 tomato, finely diced
- 1 capsicum, finely diced
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 2 poached chicken breasts or 1 BBQ chook, shredded
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- taco seasoning, to taste
- Bread rolls
- Add tomato, capsicum, spring onions and cheese into a large bowl, stir
- Place chicken, mayonnaise and taco seasoning into bowl and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Taste and add more mayonnaise and seasoning if required
- Serve on bread rolls. There is enough mix for approximately 10 rolls.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
What is your favourite sandwich filling?
Another Recipes you May Enjoy
HOMEMADE SHREDDED CHICKEN BREAST FOR SCHOOL LUNCHBOXES – I love a BBQ Chook bread roll, it’s a quick and easy lunch to make the family. However they are too expensive this is a great inexpensive way to make it yourself at home.
7 THINGS I DO EACH DAY TO KEEP THE HOME CLEAN AND ORGANISED
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to receive blog updates in our inbox + this FREE eBook sharing some of my top tips that you can adapt in your own home.