This easy two ingredient savoury scroll recipe is ideal for school lunch box boxes, and can be easily adapted to a huge range of different flavours!
Two ingredients is really all you need to create this easy and super yummy base for your savoury scrolls. Whether you’re wanting to make fresh scrolls for breakfast, afternoon snacks or school lunch boxes, this is a really fast and easy recipe. All you’ll need is equal parts self raising flour and greek yoghurt… yep, that’s it!
Mix ingredients together into a bowl to create dough – I add a little more flour if the mix is too sticky – then simply roll out onto a floured flat surface. I have used a mat, but you can do it direct on your bench if you wish.
These are so good fresh and the kids usually eat them all up! This is why I usually make a double batch and freeze the second batch ready to be added to school lunchboxes.
My family’s favourite fillings are pickles, ham, spinach and cheese (pictured above), and also the pizza sauce salami, spinach and cheese (pictured below).
Then roll up and slice into 2 cm thick segments, and bake on baking tray until golden (approximately 15-18 minutes).
Variety ideas for these savoury scrolls are endless:
- ham and cheese
- chutney, ham and cheese
- bacon and cheese
- ham, capsicum, pineapple and cheese
- ham, pineapple and cheese
- chicken and sweet chilli
- pizza sauce, salami and cheese
- salami and cheese
- Vegemite and cheese
- spinach and fetta
- sun-dried tomatoes, basil and cheese
- ham, tomato and cheese
- pesto and cheese
2 Ingredient Scroll Dough
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 180C, fan forced.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper, a silicone mat, or use a silicone baking tray.
- In a large bowl mix flour and yoghurt to make dough ball.
- Knead for several minutes, add more flour if mixture is too wet.
- Sprinkle extra flour on bench, roll out dough to a 40 x 25cm rectangle.
- Add desired toppings.
- Roll up dough, starting from long side.
- Cut into 2cm scrolls and place flat on baking tray.
- Bake scrolls for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Rest on tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely, or serve warm.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
Recommended Tools to Make 2 Ingredient Lunchbox Scrolls
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this 2 Ingredient Lunchbox Scrolls recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with the latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
What flavours do you add to your scrolls?
Pin this image below to Pinterest!