These healthy Banana Chocolate Energy Balls are delicious, soft, and nut-free, making them perfect for school lunches or after school snacks.
These bliss balls are an easy and tasty energy-boosting snack that are great for growing minds. They aren’t vegan as they use honey, but they are nut-free and super soft, making them an ideal snack for the kids school lunchbox (or for the parents!).
My youngest daughter absolutely loves these Banana Chocolate Energy Balls, and they are very quick and simple to make. They are also a great way to use up overripe bananas!
I like to make a big batch and keep them in the fridge for a quick and delicious snack for the whole family (they never last long in my house – LOL!).
Banana Chocolate Energy Balls
- 1 very ripe banana, peeled and mashed
- 10 medjool dates, pitted and chopped finely
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 2/3 cup oats
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut, extra
- Add dates and banana into a food processor, process on high speed for 10-15 seconds to combine.
- Pour date mixture into a bowl, along with sultanas, coconut, cocoa, oats, honey, vanilla and cinnamon, mix to combine.
- Roll the mixture into small bite-sized balls and coat in the extra desiccated coconut.
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Banana Chocolate Energy Balls recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with the latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Pin this image below to Pinterest!