Do you stay up too late and find yourself tired the next day? Whilst it is a great time to get a lot done, or rest while the kids are asleep you are only making yourself more tired for the following day. I recently spoke to my mum about this same topic, she wakes up tired and needs to teach herself to go to bed earlier.
But how can you retrain your body clock:
- Wind down at the same time each night
- Turn off the lights or if you need a light, dim it slightly (if possible) or use a lamp
- Don’t watch TV in the bedroom
- Read in bed before going to sleep, with a lamp not the overhead light
- Don’t use technology (phone or iPad) in bed
- If you get up through the night try not to switch on the light, use a torch or nightlight
- Eat breakfast every morning, it’s a great start to each morning
What’s your best tip?