These easy-to-make Zucchini and Feta Slices are the perfect size for popping in the work or school lunchbox, for a quick and healthy lunchtime snack.
I like to bake healthy meals and snacks that I can pop in the freezer for an easy and quick lunch or dinner – and this Zucchini and Feta Slice definitely hits the mark!
This slice is packed with veggies, eggs, meat and cheese. You could easily add in extra veggies that you love, or leave out the ham if you’re wanting a vegetarian option.
I like to make this recipe in a Silicone Mini Loaf Pan because it’s non-stick, so there’s no need to worry about greasing the pan – plus clean-up is a synch! You could also make this recipe in a muffin tray.
What I love the most about this recipe, is what a delicious addition it makes to my work lunchbox or to the kids’ school lunchboxes. If prepared in the Silicone Mini Loaf Pan these slices fit perfectly into the bento lunchboxes.
They can be eaten hot or cold, and I find that if I get one out of the freezer in the morning, it’s perfectly defrosted by morning tea time to eat cold.
SILICONE MINI LOAF PAN
Silicone bakeware is a lightweight material that’s heat-resistant and can also be used in the fridge, freezer and microwave.
It’s very easy to use because there’s no need to grease the pan, and cleanup can be completed in minutes! The Silicone Mini Loaf Pan is especially great for making snacks suitable for lunchboxes, as it’s the ideal size!
- Makes 12 mini loaves
- Steel reinforced frame
- Easy release and non-stick
- Premium quality food-grade silicone
- Oven safe to 220 degrees celcuis
- BPA free
- Fridge, freezer and dishwasher safe
Zucchini and Feta Slice
- 80ml olive oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, finely chopped
- 1 cup ham, chopped
- 80g pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 3 medium green zucchini, grated
- 4 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup parmesan, shredded
- 100g feta, crumbled
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C, fan forced.
- Grease a 12-cup mini loaf pan and set aside, or alternatively use a non-stick silicone mini loaf pan.
- In a large frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over a medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, ham and pine nuts. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until pine nuts are toasted.
- Sift flour into large bowl. Add onion mixture and zucchini. Stir to combine.
- Meanwhile, whisk egg, milk, parmesan, feta and remaining oil together.
- Make well in the middle of flour mixture and add egg mixture. Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into mini loaf pan.
- Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Rest in pan for 5 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely or serve warm.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Zucchini and Feta Slice recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with the latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.