These delicious and unbelievably soft Zucchini Chocolate Brownies are fabulous for freezing and popping straight into the kid’s school lunchboxes – plus they contain hidden veggies!
Did you know there is a specific day of the year to celebrate Chocolate? It’s July 7th, but I figure any day is a good day for chocolate! I am more than happy to celebrate the deliciousness of all things chocolate… white, milk, dark and everything in between. There are so many ways to eat chocolate – as a block, in ice-cream, biscuits, cakes, or a yummy brownie!
This recipe is also available in my Lunch Box Recipes Cookbook!! Click here to purchase.
One of my kids favourite baked chocolate treats is brownies. There are many variations out there with nuts and fruit, but I made a version sneaking in zucchini, which made the brownie richer, more moist and ooh so yummy!
All you’ll need is a few simple ingredients from the pantry, plus 2 zucchinis. I used coconut oil as it can have positive effects on your health such as improving hair, skin, cholesterol, immune system and more. I use it in many of my bliss ball recipes too.
This Zucchini Chocolate Brownie recipe is fabulous for freezing and popping straight into the kid’s school lunchboxes. I like to make a few batches in bulk, slicing them up, and then freezing in individual portions ready for the lunchboxes (or an afternoon snack!).
Recommended Tools to Make Zucchini Chocolate Brownies
Zucchini Chocolate Brownies
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa, sifted
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- Preheat oven to 160°C, fan forced.
- Grease or line 30 x 20cm slice tun with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut oil, sugar, vanilla and egg until smooth.
- Stir chocolate chips through mixture.
- Gently fold flour and cocoa through wet ingredients, mix until just combined. NOTE: the mixture at this stage is still very dry. Adding the zucchini in the next step will moisten the mix.
- Add zucchini and stir through. Let sit for a few minutes.
- Stir zucchini and chocolate mixture again until well combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared slice tin.
- Bake slice for 25 minutes, or until just cooked through.
- Cool in tin.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
TIP: Cut into slices to freeze individual portions.
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Zucchini Chocolate Brownie recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with the latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.