I found this Wasabi Chicken Meatball Sub recipe in the January/February 2016 Edition of Taste.com.au magazine. I couldn’t find the recipe online to share with you. We really enjoyed it, I reduced the amount of wasabi from the original recipe and put some extra on the side of hubby’s, my sons and my plate as we don’t mind a little extra heat, the girls not so much.
I doubled the recipe so we had the meatballs with salad the first night, then leftover meatballs in subs with salad the next night.
This is my tweaked version of the original recipe. This recipe only serves 4, we are a family of 5 so I recommend doubling it to have some for lunch or easy dinner the next day.
Wasabi Chicken Meatballs
- 500g chicken mince
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1 tsp Wasabi paste
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to season
- Mayonnaise, to serve
- In a large bowl combine the mince, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, soy sauce, egg and wasabi paste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix well with your hands
- Roll bit size tablespoons of mixture into balls
- Place on a plate or tray, then refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare your side salad
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook meatballs for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Drizzle with mayo and serve with salad.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife