A deliciously decadent Triple Chocolate Cheesecake recipe that was inspired by My Kitchen Rules, and brought to life by my daughter.
My girls and I are huge fans of My Kitchen Rules. We started watching the series last year and have thoroughly enjoyed it. In fact I love all cooking shows, Nigella (wish she would do more!), Masterchef, and I even enjoy watching Gordan Ramsay’s Hells Kitchen (no the kids don’t watch that one LOL).
We watched Paul and Blair ace this Triple Chocolate Cheesecake in their Ultimate Instant Restaurant scoring a perfect 10 out of 10. So of course we had to try it! My miss 11 and I were to make this together for Good Friday dessert for the family…. however my gorgeous little miss took over and basically made this herself. I’m also very impressed she made the coulis perfectly.
The crust on this cheesecake is unlike the traditional version. It’s filled with the typical chocolate biscuit, but then you add dates, walnuts, honey, and my new favourite ingredient coconut oil – it made a deliciously light base.
Triple Chocolate Cheesecake from My Kitchen Rules
4 hours 45 mins
- Melted butter, to grease
- 300g plain chocolate biscuits
- 180g (1½ cups) walnuts, finely chopped, toasted
- 10 dates, pitted, finely chopped
- 100g coconut oil
- 2 tbs honey
- 55g (¼ cup) caster sugar
- 300g raspberries
- 750g cream cheese, softened
- 100g caster sugar
- 300ml thickened cream
- 200g white chocolate, chopped
- 200g milk chocolate, chopped
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 tsp powdered gelatine
- 125g fresh raspberries, plus extra, to serve
- To make berry coulis, place sugar and 50ml water in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until sugar dissolves. Add raspberries and stand for 5 minutes. Process mixture in a food processor until smooth. Strain mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl, discarding seeds. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Meanwhile, grease and line a 23cm cake pan with removable base with melted butter. Process biscuits and nuts in a food processor until mixture resembles crumbs. Add dates, coconut oil and honey and process to combine. Press mixture over base of prepared pan and refrigerate until needed.
- To make filling, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar (on medium speed) until smooth and combined. Add cream and beat until smooth. Set aside.
- Fill a small saucepan one-third full with water and bring to a gentle simmer. Place the white, milk and dark chocolate in separate small heatproof bowls. Working with one bowl at a time, place over pan and stir until chocolate has melted (don’t let the bowl touch the water). Allow to cool.
- Place 60ml boiling water in a small heatproof bowl and sprinkle over gelatine. Stir until dissolved. With the motor running, gradually add to cream cheese mixture and beat
- to combine. Add a third of the cream cheese mixture to each bowl of melted chocolate and stir to combine.
- Pour dark chocolate layer over chilled cake base. Dot with raspberries, then freeze for 5 minutes. Top with white chocolate layer and freeze for 5 minutes. Top with milk chocolate layer and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight to set.
- Slice cheesecake and place on serving plates. Drizzle over coulis and serve with extra raspberries to the side.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
This recipe was made by Nev and Kell on My Kitchen Rules.
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Triple Chocolate Cheesecake recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.