I really enjoy cheesecake, I recently tried a Cherry Ripe Cheesecake at my local cafe, I couldn’t help myself and had to have a serve with a coffee while catching up with a friend. Wish I didn’t try it cause it was so good and probably really bad at the same time. Then I saw this Thermomix Raw Strawberry Cheesecake recipe in the new Thermomix Vegetarian cookbook, could be a healthier homemade alternative, a good source of fibre and iron as well as providing other nutrients and mineral such as magnesium. It’s filled with so many nuts and berries… noms!!
Raw Strawberry Cheesecake
7 hours 45 mins
- 130g macadamia nuts
- 140g pitted Medjool dates
- 70g desiccated coconut
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 400g raw cashew nuts, soaked (1 hour) and drained
- 100g lemons, flesh only
- 50g pure maple syrup
- 120g coconut oil
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 120g water
- 250g fresh strawberries
- 40g fresh blueberries, for garnishing
- 1 tbsp goji berries, for garnishing
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds, for garnishing
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut, for garnishing
- Place all base ingredients into mixing bowl and blend 20 sec/speed 9 until well combined and forms a moist dough. Press mixture into springform cake tin (22cm) and place into freezer while you make filling. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place cashews, lemon flesh, syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, salt, vinegar,
water and strawberries into mixing bowl and blend 1 min/speed 9, or until smooth and creamy.
- Pour filling over base and decorate with berries, almonds (optional) and shredded coconut. Place into
freezer to set for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight.
- Place cake into
refrigerator to soften for 30 minutes, then remove from tin and transfer onto a serving platter to serve.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
Whether you already follow a vegetarian diet or are simply looking to add a few meat-free meals to your week, you’ll enjoy the Thermoix Vegetarian Kitchen cookbook (recipe chip also available).
- 80+ flavourful lacto-ovo vegetarian recipes
- Additional tips and variations for vegan and raw diets
- Breakfasts, light meals, main meals and desserts