We are big fans of spaghetti bolognese here, my tribe would eat it every week if I let them. To mix it up a little I make spaghetti and meatballs which they love just as much. I really enjoy this tomato basil sauce, I use fresh basil from my vegetable patch, chopped fresh basil would have to be one of my favourite smells in the kitchen.
I have made this recipe in a thermomix and give credit to thermomg.squarespace.com for this recipe. In the pictures I have used fresh breadcrumbs as I didn’t have any dried breadcrumbs at home.
Regular recipe: Chicken and Basil Meatballs.
Thermomix Chicken Meatballs in Tomato & Basil Sauce
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 30g parmesan cheese
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- Handful of basil
- 600g chicken breast, diced
- 4 shortcut bacon, diced
- 1 red onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 30g basil
- 70g thermomix vegetable stock paste
- 100g sun-dried tomatoes
- 50g tomato paste
- 400g tin tomatoes
- 150g water
- Spaghetti, to serve
- Add cheese to thermomix bowl, grate 8 sec / speed 10.
- Pour cheese onto a plate with breadcrumbs, toss together.
- Add onion, bacon and basil to thermomix bowl and chop speed 7 / 3 seconds
- Add chicken and press turbo / 2 secs, repeating until minced.
- Roll mixture into balls, then coat in breadcrumb and cheese mixture.
- Place meatballs in fridge for 15 minutes (cover if you are going to leave them longer).
- Preheat oven to 180C, fan forced.
- Cook spaghetti following packet directions.
- Clean thermomix bowl.
- To clean bowl add onion, garlic and basil, chop[b] speed 5 / 3 seconds
- Add stock paste, sun-dried tomatoes, tomato paste, tin tomatoes and water to bowl, cook 20 mins / 100 deg / reverse / speed
- Place meatballs on a lined baking tray, cook on a baking tray and drizzle with oil.
- Cook meatballs in for 15-20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with spaghetti, a few meatballs, drizzle of sauce and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife