My kids love meatballs (like mini rissoles) this sweet and sour meatball recipe was enough to feed our family of 5 for 2 nights, serve with mashed potato and steamed vegetables first night, then in bread rolls as an easy dinner the following night.
Roll the mince mixture into balls – to make… meatballs!
Add sliced vegetables on top of the meatballs, then pour over sauce.
Bake in oven then serve. Not the best photo below, but it tasted delicious!
Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- 2kg mince
- 2 cups plain bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Green capsicum
- 1 x425g can pineapple and juice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup worchestire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornflour to the sauce mixture
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix ingredients together and form into balls.
- Arrange in a single layer in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Combine all ingredients and pour over meatballs.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve with vegetables.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
Grab some fresh breadrolls on the way home from school pick up or work, heat up the meatballs and have a delicious meatball sub. We had our with just the meatballs, but you could add some lettuce, cheese etc to fill it up more. There was ample left overs to feed our family of 5 again.