We love popcorn here, great to put into the kids school lunchboxes, a side to fruit for afternoon tea and to snack on while watching a movie! I used to purchase the microwave popcorn packets, but have also found it’s really easy to make at home, no need for a special gadget, just need a saucepan!
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- Place a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add oil, then add the popcorn kernels and cover saucepan.
- Cook until you can hear the first kernel pop.
- Shake pop and slightly ajar the saucepan lid.
- Continue to shake saucepan occasionally, with lid ajar for approximately 3-4 minutes or until the kernels stop popping.
- Transfer to a bowl.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
CREATIVE WAYS TO FLAVOUR POPCORN – There were some very interesting and strange suggestions to flavour popcorn, see the list here.
WHITE CHOCOLATE POPCORN – A mixture of popcorn, white chocolate and marshmallows, this is soooo delicious. View recipe here.