I’m on the quest to eat healthy and not reach for a bikkie when hungry, but rather something a little more substantial and healthy. Enter frozen Chocolate Blueberry Clusters – ooh goodness these are absolutely delicious!!! This is a sweet treat with a healthy twist!! This three-ingredient recipe is super easy, the kids could also help.
Why this snack is good for you:
AUSTRALIAN BLUEBERRIES – have the highest antioxidant capacity of all commonly consumed fruits and vegetables. They are low in calories, but high in fiber, vitamin C and vitamin K.
DARK CHOCOLATE – ooh I enjoyed researching this one!! Dr Axe says “in moderation, dark chocolate has been shown to improve so many common and chronic health problems. With all of its natural and health-promoting components (like flavonoids, polyphenols and flavanols), dark chocolate is an antioxidant powerhouse and a superfood that’s truly a joy to eat. It’s been shown to boost heart and brain health, along with fight disease — just some of the many benefits of dark chocolate.”
You don’t necessarily need to keep them in the freezer if your teeth are sensitive to cold food, but I like them frozen, they are a nice little cold burst in my mouth.
I sprinkled some salt on a few, as I had seen this done on other recipes I had seen. As much as I love salt (a bit too much to be honest) I much preferred the Frozen Chocolate Blueberry Clusters without the salt.
If you’d like you could also top each cluster with nuts.
Frozen Chocolate Blueberry Clusters
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips, melted
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, liquid
- 2 cups fresh Australian Blueberries
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Melt the chocolate following packet directions. I melt it in the microwave on 50% for 1 minute, stir and repeat in 20-second intervals until completely melted.
- Stir coconut oil through the melted chocolate.
- Spoon a small dollop of chocolate onto the baking paper and top with 4 blueberries each.
- Drizzle chocolate over blueberries.
- Freeze for at least one hour.
- Keep in freezer until ready to serve.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
January 29, 2019
January 21, 2019
December 18, 2018