I love Chinese Honey Chicken, it’s one of those dishes that always has to be ordered when we get Chinese takeaway, along with the fried rice! Unlike Chinese Honey Chicken this recipe doesn’t have batter, instead the chicken is coated in a honey sauce.
As you can see in the photo I didn’t add vegetables to this recipe, but I do think it needs it, some broccoli, capsicum and carrot would be lovely. You can either add them steamed at the end, or add them half way through the slow cooking process.
Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken
3 hours 10 mins
- 1kg chicken breasts, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes, optional
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- salt and pepper, to season
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced for garnish
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Season chicken lightly with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken and onion into slow cooker.
- In a jug add honey, soy sauce, tomato sauce, oil, garlic and chilli flakes. Mix.
- Pour sauce mixture over chicken, stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours or until chicken has cooked through.
- Add water to a small jug, spoon in cornflour and stir to create a paste.
- Add to slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Stir occasionally.
- Add chicken to a bowl and spoon additional cooking sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle with spring onion and sesame seeds. Serve with rice.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with the latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
October 7, 2020
August 5, 2020
May 12, 2020
July 25, 2019