I love Chinese Honey Chicken, it’s one of those dishes that always has to be ordered when we get Chinese takeaway, along with the fried rice! Unlike Chinese Honey Chicken this recipe doesn’t have batter, instead the chicken is coated in a honey sauce.
As you can see in the photo I didn’t add vegetables to this recipe, but I do think it needs it, some broccoli, capsicum and carrot would be lovely. You can either add them steamed at the end, or add them half way through the slow cooking process.
Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken
4 hours 10 mins
- 1kg chicken breasts, diced
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes, optional
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 6 tablespoons water
- Sesame seeds
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray to prevent chicken from sticking to it.
- Season chicken lightly with salt and pepper and place into slow cooker.
- In a jug add honey, soy sauce, onion, tomato sauce, oil, garlic and chilli flakes. Mix.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add water to a small jug, spoon in cornflour and stir to create a paste.
- Pour paste into
slow cooker and stir through well to combine.
- Cover and continue cooking on high for ten minutes or until sauce slightly thickens.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with rice.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
Similar Recipes you may enjoy
click on image to view recipe
7 THINGS I DO EACH DAY TO KEEP THE HOME CLEAN AND ORGANISED
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to receive blog updates in our inbox + this FREE eBook sharing some of my top tips that you can adapt in your own home.