I love using the slow cooker on those nights I know we are going to be super busy, to come home from a long day and know that there isn’t much preparation ahead for dinner is such a relief. Below I’ve shared a delicious slow cooker Mongolian Beef recipe.
This easy slow cooker recipe doesn’t take too much effort, coat the beef in cornflour, slice onions and mix sauce ingredients in a jug, that’s it. When you come home from your busy day cook some rice and serve!
Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef
6 hours 15 mins
- 1kg beef, cubed
- ¼ cup cornflour
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ cup cooking sherry
- 2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 3 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- Spring onions, finely sliced, to serve
- Toss beef into a ziplocked bag with cornflour. Seal and shake until beef is coated in flour.
- In a jug mix together, wine, sherry, vinegar, sesame oil, honey, ginger, pepper, chilli, peanut butter and garlic.
- Place meat, onion and sauce into the slow cooker, stir sauce through meat mixture.
- Cook on low for 6 hours, stirring once.
- Serve with rice along with a sprinkle of spring onions.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife