I love using the slow cooker on those nights I know we are going to be super busy, to come home from a long day and know that there isn’t much preparation ahead for dinner is such a relief. Below I’ve shared a delicious slow cooker Mongolian Beef recipe.
This easy slow cooker recipe doesn’t take too much effort, coat the beef in cornflour, slice onions and mix sauce ingredients in a jug, that’s it. When you come home from your busy day cook some rice and serve!
Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef
6 hours 15 mins
- 1kg beef, diced
- ¼ cup cornflour
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ cup cooking sherry
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- Spring onions, finely sliced for garnish
- Place beef in a large snap-lock bag.
- Add cornflour, seal bag and shake to coat.
- Place beef and onion into slow cooker.
- In a jug add soy sauce, wine, sherry, vinegar, oil, honey, ginger, pepper, chilli, peanut butter and garlic. Mix.
- Pour sauce mixture over beef, stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours, stirring once.
- Add beef to a bowl and spoon additional cooking sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle with spring onions and serve with rice.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife