An easy and super tasty Zucchini and Vegetable Slice recipe that’s a perfect freezer-friendly dish to prepare for a new mum.
When a friend or family member has a baby and becomes a new mum, I like to give them some freezer-friendly food. It means they have a quick snack on hand if they’re hungry and haven’t managed to get to the supermarket. This Zucchini and Vegetable Slice is the perfect freezer food for new mums. It can be served up as lunch, put in the lunchbox for work or school, dished up as an easy dinner or even doubles as a snack for unexpected visitors.
These Bento Five lunchboxes pictured below are available in my shop here. And I cooked this slice in our mini loaf pan, which make perfectly sized individual portions for this lunchbox.
This slice is really yummy and filled with so many vegetables – my kids really enjoy it too! This recipe can be made the old fashion way with a grater and mixing bowl, or using a Thermomix (both recipes are below).
I often make this Zucchini and Vegetable Slice the conventional way – and it’s so easy! Simply grate or chop all your desired veggies (I use zucchini, carrot, corn, and onion) and pop them in a bowl with your diced bacon, cheese, flour, oil and eggs.
Spoon the mixture into a baking tin or mini loaf pan for individual servings, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake until golden and cooked through (normally about 35 to 45 minutes).
Once cooked, cut if you cooked as a big slab and cut into individual portions and freeze into a freezer safe container ready for lunches for work or school.
Thermomix: Zucchini and Vegetable Slice
- 120g tasty cheese
- 120g (1 cup) parmesan cheese
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 3 rashers bacon
- 2 zucchini
- 200g corn kernels, frozen
- 150g self-raising flour
- 90g oil
- 5 eggs
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a 30×20 lamington pan with baking paper.
- Add tasty cheese to TM bowl and chop for 8 sec/speed 8. Set aside.
- Add parmesan cheese to TM bowl and chop for 8 sec/speed 8. Set aside.
- Add onion, carrot and bacon to TM bowl and chop for 3 sec/speed 4.
- Add zucchini and chop for a further 3 sec/speed 4.
- Add corn, flour, oil, eggs, salt & pepper and reserved tasty cheese to TM bowl and stir for 5 sec/counter-clockwise/speed 4 until just combined.
- Pour the mix into prepared tin, sprinkle with parmasen cheese
- Cook for 30-35 minutes until firm and golden brown.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Zucchini and Vegetable Slice recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with the latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.