An easy and healthy gluten free Honey Almond Bar recipe that will kerb sugary cravings and keep you and the kids full longer.
No need to buy expensive almond bars anymore! These Honey Almond Bars are easy to make, and are great for breakfasts on the go, or a quick snack to satisfy those after school hunger cravings.
These bars store well in the fridge for 2 weeks, and can even be frozen for up to 3 months! PLUS they are gluten free, so perfect for kids with gluten intolerances.
I try to make these Honey Almond Bars in bulk so that I always have some in the freezer – they’re such a great go-to snack as they keep me and the kids full for hours, and better still, I know they are packed with lots of good nutrients.
Honey Almond Bars
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 tablespoon nut butter (almond or peanut)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups almonds, roughly chopped
- 5 medjool dates, chopped
- 3/4 cup sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 160°C, fan forced.
- Grease and line with baking paper a square baking pan, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add honey, vanilla, almond meal, butter and salt, mix to combine.
- Fold through almonds, dates and sunflower seeds.
- Spoon mixture evenly into prepared pan, press mixture down firmly with the back of the spoon.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and rest in pan until completely cooled.
- Once cooled place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Slice into snack size bars with a large sharp knife.
- Store in the fridge for 2 weeks or freeze for 3 months.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried these Honey Almond Bars recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
LUNCH BOX RECIPES COOKBOOK – Lunches made easy, healthy and affordable with my Lunch Box Recipes Cookbook. Now the whole family – not just the school kids – can quickly grab a tasty sandwich alternative (sweet or savoury) straight from the freezer each morning. The cookbook includes over 50 freezer friendly recipes that make for perfect no-fridge, no-heat lunches ideal for school, work, or even picnics!
SHOP: My Lunch Box Recipe Cookbook