This is a good breakfast for on the go, I call them Scrambled Egg Toasties. I don’t have any fancy machines to remove the crusts and squish the bread together, instead I cut off the crusts and used a mini chopping board to seal the bread around it. If you have a sandwich maker that would work perfectly.
Scrambled Egg Toasties
- 10-14 slices of bread
- 6 eggs
- 4 slices shortcut bacon, finely diced
- 1/4 cup milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add eggs and milk to a bowl, season eggs with salt and pepper and lightly whisk
- Heat a nonstick frying pan to medium-high heat
- Brown bacon in a nonstick frying pan to your liking
- Reduce frying pan to medium heat and add in eggs, with a wooden spoon gently stir for 2 minutes or until eggs are just set
- Remove eggs from pan
- Remove crusts from bread
- Add in 1/4 cup of scrambled egg into the centre of 1/2 the slices
- Top with a piece of bread and seal (I used the edge of a small chopping board to squish the slices together).
- Place under griller for 2-3 minutes or until browned
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
click on image to view recipe
7 THINGS I DO EACH DAY TO KEEP THE HOME CLEAN AND ORGANISED
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to receive blog updates in our inbox + this FREE eBook sharing some of my top tips that you can adapt in your own home.