I made this savoury sausages with pineapple, mashed potato and vegetables for my family recently and it has been hailed the newest favourite family dinner, trumping Mexican and spaghetti bolognese. The kids and hubby absolutely loved it. I enjoyed it, although I’m not really a fan of hot pineapple, but it was easy enough for me to pick them off :). The sauce from the casserole coupled with mashed potato was delicious!
This is a great recipe to make, not very hard at all. Add sausages into casserole dish, top with vegetables, mix sauce in a jug and pour on top.
While the sausages are cooking in the oven make some mashed potato and steamed vegetables. Add pineapple in the last 15 minutes of cooking.
Here you have a delicious meat and 3 veg dinner, and easy family dinner.
Easy Family Dinner Idea
You have to love these easy no fuss dinners.
Savoury Sausages with Pineapple
- 8-12 sausages (or enough to feed your family)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed dried herbs
- 425g can pineapple pieces
- Preheat oven to 180C fan forced
- Place sausages in a single layer in a large casserole dish
- Scatter onion, capsicum and celery evenly over sausages
- In a jug mix together, cornflour, sugar, mustard, tomato sauce, soy sauce and herbs
- Drain the liquid from the pineapple, make it up to one cup with water, add juice into jug and stir well to combine
- Pour sauce over vegetables
- Cover casserole dish with aluminium foil and cook in oven for 30 minutes
- Stir pineapple pieces through casserole and return to oven uncovered for a further 10-15 minutes or until sausages are cooked through
- Serve with mashed potato and a few extra vegetables
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
click on image to view recipe
7 THINGS I DO EACH DAY TO KEEP THE HOME CLEAN AND ORGANISED
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to receive blog updates in our inbox + this FREE eBook sharing some of my top tips that you can adapt in your own home.