I LOVE curried sausages, would have to be one of my favourite meals. With the kids busy after school commitments of late I have been trying to create recipes that I can quickly prepare and then spend time helping them with homework. This recipe is great, all you have to do is brown the sausages, mix the sauce in a bowl and then bake for an hour. Halfway through just pop a pot of potatoes on the stove to mash when serving.
I got stuck on the phone so over cooked the sausages a little, it’s a little dry on top, however when served up with the sauce you couldn’t tell!
Baked Curried Sausages
1 hour 15 mins
- 12 thick sausages
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cups hot water
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Pre heat oven to 180C.
- Brown sausages in a large frying pan.
- Place sausages into a large casserole dish.
- Scatter carrot and onion over sausages
- In a bowl, mix together the water, salt, worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, vinegar and milk, then sprinkle over flour, curry powder and brown sugar, whist until well combined.
- Pour sauce mixture over sausages.
- Bake in oven for 50minutes to 1 hour.
- Serve with mashed potato.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
click on image to view recipe
7 THINGS I DO EACH DAY TO KEEP THE HOME CLEAN AND ORGANISED
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to receive blog updates in our inbox + this FREE eBook sharing some of my top tips that you can adapt in your own home.