I really love my cheese and bacon mini quiche recipe, often making some and freezing for kids school lunch box. This frittata bite recipe would have to be one of my next favourites. I sometimes make these up for lunch over the weekend using up any vegetables or meat that are lingering in the fridge.
My recipe below says to use bacon, zucchini, capsicum and spring onion. I usually just use whatever meat and vegetables I have on hand. In the picture below I’ve used:
- red onion
- diced silverside
Chop up enough meat and vegetables you have to half fill each muffin cup. Remember to grease the tray, frittata’s are really easy to remove with a silicone spatula.
If we have any leftovers (only when I make up a double batch) I pop them into the kids’ lunchboxes with a little bit of salad.
lunchbox pictured above is available online here.
I can’t resist adding some salt and cracked pepper onto mine… noms!!
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 small zucchini, finely diced
- 1/2 capsicum, finely diced
- 2 rashers rindless bacon, chopped and cooked
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 cherry tomatos, halved
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Lightly grease a 12 hole muffin pan.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, cheese and milk, season with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl add bacon and vegetables.
- Spoon vegetable mix evenly into each muffin cup.
- Carefully pour egg mixture over vegetables.
- Top each muffin cup with a cherry tomato
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden and firm.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
How do you use up extra vegetables?
Recipes you may enjoy
ZUCCHINI AND SWEET POTATO SLICE – I love making zucchini slice and use my own recipe often for lunches, adding in whatever vegetables I have in the fridge at the time, I’ve made it at times with pumpkin, but never sweet potato.
BEEF MACARONI – This Beef Macaroni recipe is a dinner that the kids will love, you can’t go past mince and macaroni. Plus the bonus is you could double this easy dinner’s ingredients and make enough to have it on toast tomorrow night!
ONE DISH DINNER EASY ROAST VEGETABLES WITH CHICKEN – The beauty of this recipe is it can be made in the one dish.
SAUSAGE AND VEGETABLE BAKE – This is a fantastic recipe to use up any left over sausages from last nights BBQ!
7 THINGS I DO EACH DAY TO KEEP THE HOME CLEAN AND ORGANISED
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to receive blog updates in our inbox + this FREE eBook sharing some of my top tips that you can adapt in your own home.