This is a childhood favourite of mine. My nan used to add whole boiled eggs to this recipe and it was so fun to find it amongst the sausages.
I like it with boiled egg, because that’s what she used to do. But you can omit the boiled egg if you prefer. This is my favourite vegetable combo for this recipe, however, you don’t have to limit yourself to these vegetables, just use whatever you have in the fridge.
- 8 Thick Sausages
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2- 1 1/2 tablespoons Curry Powder
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 carrot, cubed
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoon cream
- 4 boiled eggs
- Rice, to serve
- Heat oil in fry pan, add sausages and cook until sausages have browned.
- Removes sausages from pan and slice into 1 cm pieces
- Add onion, cook for 3 minutes.
- Add curry powder, stir for 2 minutes.
- Add flour, stir for a further 1 minute.
- Pour in chicken stock, mix well to create a sauce.
- Add carrots, zucchini and sausages to pan, bring to the boil. Stir.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Add cream, and boiled eggs, heat through for 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately with rice.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife