This is a fantastic recipe to use up any left over sausages from last nights BBQ!
add vegetables and chopped tomatoes to saucepan and heat through
stir sauce through cooked pasta and sausages, sprinkle with cheese and bake in oven until browned
Sausage and Vegetable Pasta Bake
- 10 thin sausages
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups pasta shells
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 800g can diced tomatoes
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 3/4 cup basil, chopped
- 3/4 cup tasty cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Preheat oven to 180°C, fan forced.
- Cook pasta following packet directions, drain and return to saucepan.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add sausages and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic and mushrooms, cook and stir occasionally until sausages and onions have browned.
- Remove sausages from saucepan and set aside on a chopping board.
- Add tomatoes, capsicum and zucchini to mushroom mix. Cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Chop sausages into small bite-sized pieces.
- Add vegetable mix, sausages and basil to pasta, toss to stir through.
- Spoon pasta mixture into a 4L capacity baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake pasta bake in oven for 30-40 minutes or until golden. Serve.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
click on image to view recipe