An easy and super tasty Sausage and Vegetable Pasta Bake recipe that’s perfect for using up any left over BBQ sausages – and for feeding a hungry crowd!
This is such an easy bake to throw together and the children love it. Pasta, sauce, sausages, a few veggies and cheese – what’s not to love?!
To make the veggie mix, you simply combine tomatoes, capsicum and zucchini in a bowl, then add this mixture to your cooked onions, garlic, mushrooms and sausages.
Stir this mixture through your cooked pasta, sprinkle with cheese and bake in the oven until browned.
This Sausage and Vegetable Pasta Bake recipe is simple, tasty, and perfect for feeding a hungry crowd.
ENAMEL BAKING TRAYS
Falcon Enamel products are incredibly popular because of their enduring strength. Enamelware is porcelain fused onto heavy-gauge steel, making it durable, smooth and chemical-resistant. It can assume brilliant, long-lasting colours, and cannot burn. If you drop it, it may chip but it won’t break.
I am totally converted to enamel bakeware. I love them cause they are lightweight and super easy to clean, I’ve been using The Pink Stuff Cream Cleanser when my roasts make a huge mess.
- Dishwasher safe
- Freezer Friendly
- Suitable for gas and electric
- NOT suitable for Microwaves
- PTFE & PFOA FREE – so chemically safe
- various colour options available
Sausage and Vegetable Pasta Bake
- 3 cups pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 thin sausages
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 800g can diced tomatoes
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 3/4 cup basil, chopped
- 3/4 cup tasty cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Preheat oven to 180°C, fan forced.
- Cook pasta following packet directions, drain and return to saucepan.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add sausages to pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic and mushrooms. Cook and stir occasionally until sausages and onions have browned.
- Remove sausages from saucepan and set aside on a chopping board.
- Add tomatoes, capsicum and zucchini to mushroom mix. Cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Chop sausages into small bite-sized pieces.
- Add vegetable mix, sausages and basil to pasta. Toss to stir through.
- Spoon pasta mixture into an 18-cup (4L) oven-proof dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake pasta bake in oven for 30-40 minutes or until golden. Serve.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Sausage and Vegetable Pasta Bake recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with the latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.