I find fish one of the hardest meats to feed my family, not because they don’t like it, just trying to come up with something that’s different, rather than a fish fillet…. which in saying that is perfectly fine, but sometimes can be a little bland as one of my children would say.
I love salmon and would happily eat it in fillet form at any opportunity, but one of my kids doesn’t love it, so I blitz it in the food processor and make it into salmon rissoles…. he loves rissoles.
This recipe makes 4 rissoles, the soon to be teens and hubby like 2 each so I usually double the recipe. This would also make a delicious burger, place pattie on to a bun with salad for a light meal.
1 hour 10 mins
1 hour 20 mins
- 500g salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon of garlic
- 1/2 small red onion, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place the salmon on a plate. Place it in the freezer for 15 minutes, or just until it gets very cold but isn’t frozen solid.
- Place the slightly frozen salmon into a food processor and blitz until it looks like mince.
- Spoon the minced salmon in a large mixing bowl.
- Without cleaning the bowl, add the garlic, red onion, coriander leaves, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, and pepper into food processor and pulse the mixture until it’s finely chopped.
- Using a spoon or your hands, combine the mixture with the salmon mince, then form into enough patties to feed your family.
- Place patties onto a clean plate and refrigerate for one hour.
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat, cook until golden brown and cooked through, approximately 3 to 4 minutes each side.
- Serve with vegetables or salad
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this salmon rissoles recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with the latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.