I find fish one of the hardest meats to feed my family, not because they don’t like it, just trying to come up with something that’s different, rather than a fish fillet…. which in saying that is perfectly fine, but sometimes can be a little bland as one of my children would say.
I love salmon and would happily eat it in fillet form at any opportunity, but one of my kids doesn’t love it, so I blitz it in the food processor and make it into salmon rissoles…. he loves rissoles.
This recipe makes 4 rissoles, the soon to be teens and hubby like 2 each so I usually double the recipe. This would also make a delicious burger, place pattie on to a bun with salad for a light meal.
1 hour 10 mins
1 hour 20 mins
- 500g salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon of garlic
- 1/2 small red onion, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place the salmon on a plate. Place it in the freezer for 15 minutes, or just until it gets very cold but isn’t frozen solid.
- Place the slightly frozen salmon into a food processor and blitz until it looks like mince.
- Spoon the minced salmon in a large mixing bowl.
- Without cleaning the bowl, add the garlic, red onion, coriander leaves, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, and pepper into food processor and pulse the mixture until it’s finely chopped.
- Using a spoon or your hands, combine the mixture with the salmon mince, then form into enough patties to feed your family.
- Place patties onto a clean plate and refrigerate for one hour.
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat, cook until golden brown and cooked through, approximately 3 to 4 minutes each side.
- Serve with vegetables or salad
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
How do you feed fish to your family?
Sesame Lamb Rissoles – This is a delicious rissole recipe that is perfect for a quick weeknight meal. This recipe only makes 10 rissoles, my family wanted more so next time I am going to double it and any left overs can be put on a bread roll for school lunches the next day.
Salmon Mornay Pasta Bake – This is a great pantry recipe, most ingredients would be found in the fridge and pantry, macaroni, tinned salmon, mustard, milk, cheese etc. It is a great meal that can be made ahead of time if needed.
Creamy Garlic Prawns – a perfectly delicious dish, filled with so much garlic flavour!
7 THINGS I DO EACH DAY TO KEEP THE HOME CLEAN AND ORGANISED
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to receive blog updates in our inbox + this FREE eBook sharing some of my top tips that you can adapt in your own home.