Salmon or Tuna Patties
- 5 potatoes
- 415g tin salmon, drained with bones removed
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup oil
- Peel and chop potatoes into cubes.
- Cook potatoes large saucepan of boiling water for approx 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain, return to suacepan and mash potato until smooth, cool slightly.
- Add salmon, mayonnaise, garlic, spring onions, salt and pepper to potato, mix to combine.
- Divide mixture into 12 patties.
- Place flour, egg and breadcrumbs into separate bowls.
- Coat each pattie in flour.
- Once complete in one hand roll pattie in egg, then with the other hand roll through breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in frypan over medium-high heat.
- Cook patties for 3-4 minutes or until browned on each side.
- Serve with salad or steamed vegetables.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife