A delicious creamy Salmon and Spinach Quiche recipe perfect for a weekend cook-up.
I made this recipe over the weekend and it was delicious, but took longer than I anticipated. Allow a few hours as you need to make and rest the pastry, prepare the custard, cook and cool slightly. To save time you could purchased a pre-made base from the freezer section at the supermarket instead.
I accidentally used a shallow tin, so I had custard left over. I used this to make some quiches for the kids for school the next day (puff pastry into greased muffin tin, added some diced ham and shredded cheese, topped with custard and cooked in 180c oven for 20 min or until golden).
- 2 sheets (350g approx) savoury short pastry
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 300g bag spinach, tough stems removed and roughly chopped
- 5 eggs
- 500ml cream
- 200g smoked salmon, flaked
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- freshly ground black pepper and a little salt
The full recipe is available on Henergy