A Teriyaki Chicken Salad With Pineapple recipe that is so delicious, it had me loving pineapple for the first time in my life!
This Teriyaki Chicken Salad with pineapple has instilled a love of pineapple in me that I never knew existed! In fact, I have always disliked warmed pineapple, but for some reason it just works in this salad. I have been so pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it, that I’m even eating pineapple on my pizzas now – for the first time ever!
I like to pound the chicken breast to make it cook quicker. I cook it on the BBQ, but you can grill it if you prefer. You can prepare this salad a day ahead if you desire. Marinate the chicken overnight and add the dressing ingredients into a jar and seal until required.
I like to add lettuce, cherry tomatoes, onion, avocado, cucumber and the grilled pineapple (the hit of the salad), but you can add additional vegetables if you like.
This salad is filling and perfect as a main meal, and this recipe makes enough for all the family to have for dinner and hubby and I add to our lunchboxes the next day too. Lunchbox Bento Three is a great size for salad and snacks.
SHOP: Bento Three Lunchbox – various colours, available in my shop here.
Teriyaki Chicken Salad with Pineapple
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cos lettuce, broken into pieces
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1/3 continental cucumber
- 450g pineapple slices, drained (reserve juices)
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Reserved pineapple juice
- Using a mallet pound chicken breast to a thin even thickness. Place chicken into a container.
- In a jug add teriyaki sauce and half of the reserved pineapple juice, stir to combine.
- Pour marinade over chicken, cover with lid and chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or until your ready to cook.
- In a jar add all dressing ingredients with remaining pineapple juice, seal with lid and shake to combine. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare salad. Add lettuce, tomatoes, onions, avocado, cucumber to salad bowl.
- Preheat BBQ. Cook chicken for 5-10 minutes until browned and cooked through. Discarding the marinade.
- Cook pineapple slices on BBQ until heated through.
- Slice chicken into bite-sized pieces and add on top of salad along with pineapple slices.
- Drizzle over the dressing and serve.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Teriyaki Chicken Salad With Pineapple recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
February 20, 2020
November 30, 2018
September 22, 2017
May 19, 2017
Pin this image below to Pinterest!