This pasta bake is a delicious way to use up some left over Christmas turkey meat. A creamy and very flavoursome roast pumpkin, spinach and turkey pasta bake. This bake made enough for our family of 5 plus left overs for the next day. Serve with salad and you can easily stretch it out to feed 10.
During the year you can substitute chicken for turkey.
I love roast pumpkin, whenever I make some I do extra so I can add it to salad for lunch the next day.
SILICONE BAKEWARE BAKING TRAY – The Daily Bake Silicone Baking Tray has a steel reinforced frame to prevent it from sagging when trying to remove it from the oven. Its non-stick and BPA free which makes it easy to cook on and so easy to clean especially after roasting pumpkin!!
Roast Pumpkin, Spinach & Turkey Pasta Bake
- 1/2 butternut pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 500g Trivelli pasta (whatever you have in pantry)
- 2 cups cooked turkey, shredded
- 3 rashers shortcut bacon, diced
- 70g butter
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock powder
- 1 1/2 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper, to season
- Preheat oven to 180°C, fan forced.
- Place pumpkin onto a large baking try, toss in 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake pumpkin in oven for 30 minutes or until golden, allow to cool slightly.
- Cook pasta following packet directions, drain and place back into saucepan.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan add remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and fry bacon until golden, place onto a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Using same saucepan, melt the butter on medium-high.
- Once butter is foaming add flour stirring for 1 minute, remove from heat.
- Gradually pour in milk, whisking to combine milk and butter mixture.
- Add in cheese, stock powder and season with salt and pepper.
- Return to heat, stirring for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add to your saucepan of pasta the turkey, spinach, bacon and sauce, mix until well combined.
- Pour half of the pasta mixture into a large casserole dish, then spoon on half of the roast pumpkin, stir through gently. Then top with remaining pasta and pumpkin.
- Sprinkle on panko breadcrums and parmesan cheese.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until cheese has melted and golden.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Roast Pumpkin, Spinach & Chicken or Turkey Pasta Bake recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with the latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK , INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.