Pasta Bakes are a meal that I can easily make through the day, pop in the fridge, head out to sports in the evening and when I get home I put it in the oven. The kids will shower and by the time they are finished dinner is ready. I have been making very healthy meal choices lately, but I think it’s fair to make something a little naughty every now and then, and this Cheeseburger Pasta Bake is exactly that… very naughty, but smells and tastes just like a cheeseburger!!
Cheeseburger Pasta Bake
- 2 cups spiral pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 750g lean beef mince
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cups tasty cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 180°C, fan forced.
- Cook pasta following packet directions, drain and return to saucepan.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook mince, onion and garlic over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until browned.
- Stir through carrots, salt, sauce and mustard.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, stir well to combine.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add mince mixture to pasta, toss to stir through.
- Spoon pasta mixture into a 3L capacity baking dish.
- Sprinkle over breadcrumbs and top with cheese.
- Bake pasta bake in oven for 20-30 minutes or until golden. Serve with salad.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife