A quick and easy-to-make Cheeseburger Pasta Bake recipe that teams the tastiness of a beef burger with the comfort of a pasta bake – and of course, lots of cheese!
I have been making very healthy meal choices lately, but I think it’s fair to make something a little naughty every now and then, and this Cheeseburger Pasta Bake is exactly that… very naughty, and it smells and tastes just like a cheeseburger!
This Cheeseburger Pasta Bake is very simple to make. It’s simply a matter of cooking the mince, onion and garlic in a pan. I then add the carrots, mustard and tomatoes.
This mixture is added to the pasta, popped into an oven-proof dish, then topped with breadcrumbs and cheese before putting into the oven.
Pasta bakes are a meal that I can easily make through the day, pop in the fridge, head out to sports in the evening and when I get home I simply put them in the oven. The kids will shower and by the time they are finished dinner is ready.
ENAMEL BAKING TRAYS
These Falcon Enamel products are fabulous for bakes like this one! They’re incredibly popular because of the strength of enamelware which is durable, smooth and chemical-resistant. If you drop it, it may chip but it won’t break.
I am totally converted to enamel bakeware. I love them cause they are lightweight and super easy to clean, I’ve been using The Pink Stuff Cream Cleanser when my roasts make a huge mess.
- Dishwasher safe
- Freezer Friendly
- Suitable for gas and electric
- NOT suitable for Microwaves
- PTFE & PFOA FREE – so chemically safe
- various colour options available
Cheeseburger Pasta Bake
- 2 cups spiral pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 750g lean beef mince
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cups tasty cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 180°C, fan forced.
- Cook pasta following packet directions, drain and return to saucepan.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook mince, onion and garlic over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until browned.
- Stir through carrot, salt, sauce and mustard.
- Add tomatoes. Stir well to combine.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add mince mixture to pasta. Toss to stir through.
- Spoon pasta mixture into a 12-cup (3L) oven-proof dish.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs over pasta mixture and top with cheese.
- Bake in oven for 20-30 minutes or until golden. Serve with salad.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
Want more tasty and convenient dinner ideas like this one? Then check out my Hearty Dinners Recipe Cookbook.
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Cheeseburger Pasta Bake recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with the latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.