Banana muffins with crunchy topping
- 1 3/4 cups wholemeal SR Flour
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Put muffin liners in tin.
- Make crunchy topping: Process oats until coarsely chopped. Combine oats with nutmeg and honey in a small bowl.
- Sift flour and sugar into a large bowl
- Stir in banana, egg, buttermilk and oil.
- Divide mixture among pan holes.
- Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Stand in pan 5 minutes then place on wire rack to cool.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife