A Banana and Maple Syrup Loaf recipe that’s quick to prep, is perfect for freezing, and makes a fabulous afternoon snack or school lunchbox treat.
This Banana and Maple Syrup Bread recipe only takes 10 minutes to prep, and is a great way to use up those overripe bananas in the bottom of the fruit bowl.
I like to make two of these banana loaves at the same time. My family eat one hot from the oven (it’s lovely with a nice cuppa!), and the other is sliced up and popped into the freezer for easy-to-grab school snacks on a busy morning.
Banana and maple syrup bread
- 125g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 3 overripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 3/4 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
- Preheat oven to 160°C, fan forced.
- Grease or line loaf tin with baking paper.
- In an electric mixer add butter, sugar and maple syrup. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and bananas, mix to combine.
- Gently fold through the flours and bicarb soda.
- Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake loaf in oven for 35-40 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Rest in tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Banana and Maple Syrup Loaf recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with the latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.