A hearty yet pleasingly light risotto recipe that’s packed with tasty bacon, leek and corn – it’s delicious, quick, and super easy to make!
Risotto is so delicious and versatile! Serve as a simple starter, or bulk up with delicious protein – like bacon! – and eat as a hearty main.
This Bacon, Leek and Corn Risotto recipe is definitely a hearty melt-in-your-mouth meal! It’s so quick and easy to make too, and can be easily customised to suit your family’s tastes by adding in different veggies, or swapping out the bacon for a different meat.
I like to serve my Bacon, Leek and Corn Risotto with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and a side of crunchy garlic bread.
Bacon, leek and corn risotto
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek, halved, washed, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 rashers bacon, rind removed, diced
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, frozen
- parmesan cheese, to serve
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium – high heat.
- Add leek, garlic and bacon, fry until leek is soft and bacon browned.
- Add rice to frypan and stir for 1 minute covering rice in oil.
- Add rice mix to rice cooker with chicken stock, close lid and cook on risotto setting.
- When finished add corn kernels, stir through, close lid and sit for 3 minutes, or until corn is heated through.
- Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Bacon, Leek and Corn Risotto recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK ,INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
SHOP: A4 Weekly Meal Plan – instant downloadable printable